Monday 13 December 2010

End Of The Year Best OF Thing Or Something - Best New Bands Award

Well its the end of year on my lazy lazy blog, I'll be better in the new year i swear, but i'm gonna try and go through some of my favourite new bands, favourite songs of the year, favourite gigs, favourite release... lets start with...

Best New Band


Its hard to pick just one band for this section as i've had the pleasure of seeing so many great new acts start up over the past year but i'll narrow it down to say 3?(note i know this may not be exact but i've only been blogging for a few months be easy on me eh?)


What can i say about Paws? They are a fantastic no thrills catchy as f*ck punk rock n roll band. Their debut single "Violent Vicky Violet" is definetley one of my songs of the year. I've followed their progress since they formed and they have already cemented theirselves into the Glasgow music scene. They've toured around the UK had countless support slots and writing some damn fine tunes. I'm really excited to see what these guys do next.



Blue Sky Archives in my opinion are one of the best new bands/bands in Glasgow right now, they are a band who mix awesome hooks over dynamic alt rock soundscapes. I was lucky enough to catch their first official full band gig as a part of the RADAR gig at Nice 'n' Sleazies back in May and was blown away by then and since then they have went from strength to strength playing some great shows aswell as some European touring they are definetley a band to keep an eye on over the next year!

&




So Many Animal Calls are another bunch of young upstarts who have really caught my eye launching their free EP "Your House Is A Hospice" at the start of the summer which was looped a great deal in my media player, with their heartfelt blend of energetic punk rock i was very exicted to see them live and i actually had the pleasure of being at their first gig as well. At a packed out house in Captains Rest these guys showed a real statement of intent to what to expect from them. They've recently been in Chem19 after winning a grant and i peronsally cant wait to hear what comes from that session.

Special Mentions:

Theres alot of bands that could be in this category but these are just my personal standouts special mentions have to go acts like Verse Metrics, Loch Awe, I Build Collapsible Mountains & Finn LeMarinel.

Dont forget to check back over the next few days to check out my other awards... 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing to argue with here, good shouts all three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! - Verse Metrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be.

    ReplyDelete